Product Development Decision Support Research - Connectivity for Software Based Medical Devices
Our team helped a client define their connectivity strategy in the face of the complex, rapidly changing world of the EMR.
A cardiovascular client with several divisions that supply software based products needed to understand best practices in connectivity.
- How soon will the rapid adoption of health IT impact our category and medical specialty?
- Are there opportunities to differentiate our product that will sustain market share and our price premium?
- Which electronic medical record and connectivity vendors are leading in our space?
- Which IT providers will survive/prosper in this market over the next 5-10 years?
- What are the best practices for a software-based medtech company?
In-depth interviews and analysis with decision makers, clinicians, Health IT vendors and non-competitive software-based medical device companies from Medi-Vantage’s extensive network of former colleagues and friends.
- A precise roadmap for marketing and engineering with leading IT vendors was identified.
- Recommendation: for connectivity purposes, de-centralize divisional efforts. Join forces to:
- Form enterprise-level IT vendor partnerships
- Improve company best practices in connectivity
- Reduce the cost of connectivity